Saturday, January 18, 2014

Blog Post #1

I have heard many things about EDM310. I have heard people say how overwhelming it is, and that there is just so much work. On the other hand I have heard people say that it is not so bad, and that it really isn't as much to stress about as other people make it seem.

One of my biggest fears is being overwhelmed and stressing about getting everything done on time. I'm also scared that I will forget something and then be behind on my work.

Compared with other courses I have taken, I would say that EDM310 will require a lot more f my time than any other course. Other courses also didn't contain as much work as this course. This is the kind of course that you have to pay attention to get through and make sure you aren't missing anything.

I think the most difficult thing for me will be managing my time wisely. I am a major procrastinator and this is not the course to be procrastinating in. There is so much to do and I do not want to get behind. I want to be the best that I can be.

I think the best way for me to start managing my time more wisely is to start early. By starting early on projects, I will be assured that I will get them done on time.

I don't think I really have any questions left. I'm sure I will have plenty in the future if I get lost and confused. At least there are plenty of wonderful people that I can contact if I ever need any help along with visiting the lab!

Never Ending To Do List

3 comments:

  1. "I am a major procrastinator and this is not the course to be procrastinating in." You will have to change your ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound exactly like me Alex. I, too am a procrastinator which made me scared about this class as well. But the good thing is that you notice the problem and are willing to change it. I'm hoping, just like you are I'm sure, that this class turns out to be a lot easier than it sounds because as much as I want to and will try to leave all of my procrastination ways behind I know it'll take a while for me to be where I want to be. After all, I've been this way for 23 years so I know I cant change overnight. But I wish you luck in this class and I hope you reach all of your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I want to be the best that I can be. " As do we!

    Take a breath and calm down! It can be a lot to take in at the beginning of the semester and other students were right about this course being time consuming. However, you are given plenty of time to complete the work and you have people here to help you!

    Utilize the lab as much as you can!! There will be an assistant in there at almost all times. We are here to help! :)

    Have a great semester, we look forward to watching you grow!

    ReplyDelete