Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

My name is Alyx Kellam. I have lived here my whole life. I didn't want to move away from home, so I decided to attend the University of South Alabama. I know some people like the idea of getting away for a while and moving out of the house as quick as possible, but why would anyone want to move when they have everything they need at home? That's the way I feel about it, anyway. In my spare time I like to hang out with friends, and when the season is in I like to hunt.

I have lived in the same house my entire life, and I am also an only child. I spend time with my family when I can, but most of the time it is when there is a birthday or special occasion. I also have an amazing second family, which is my boyfriend's family. They treat my like I am one of their own, and I couldn't be more blessed.

I am majoring in Elementary Education.At first I didn't know what I wanted to major in, I just knew I wanted to work with kids. I considered going into the medical field, but decided that wasn't for me. I love being around kids and I cannot wait to be working with them every day.

If you were to ask my friends, they would tell you how much I love to talk. Some people might be surprised to hear that because I am actually a really shy person until I get to know someone really well. Other than that, I love doing crafts. If I had the money I would have a new craft project every day. I think that is another reason why I chose Elementary Education because while teaching kids, there are ways to incorporate fun things like crafts to keep the learning fun, for both the teacher and the student. Although I do love crafts, I am by no means the best. I believe in trial and error, so if it doesn't work out the first time, just try again. You have to make mistakes in order to improve!

At the end of this semester I am going to Disney World. I am so excited to be going. It has been a while since I have been on a vacation like this, and I have only been to Disney World once, when I was five or six. This is going to be such a fun experience for me and I absolutely cannot wait!

Craft Supplies

craftidea.info

No comments:

Post a Comment