Thursday, March 13, 2014

C4T #2

For C4T #2, I was assigned to comment on Steve Wheeler's blog .

Comment #1

In the first post I left a comment on, Wheeler discusses how technology is moving into the classroom. With this, he talks about how students and teachers have moved more toward "power-sharing". This means that both the student and teacher share pretty much equal power in the classroom. They are both vital to the learning process, but with power-sharing students are more required to get their work done on their own. They have to be more disciplined to do their work. I commented and told him that I am in a class similar to this, and that I think it is important for kids to be engaged in their work. It is also that they should use what they have learned to apply it to something.

Comment #2

The second post I commented on was called "Learning first, technology second". In this post Wheeler talks about how teachers like the idea id using technology in the classroom, but it can get in the way. Sometimes teachers forget that students may need certain skills they are working with. Not only is it important for students to understand what they are doing, but what about how the technology is going to be used? If the technology doesn't serve a specific purpose, then there is no need for it. I commented and said that I think it is important for teachers to give students time to learn before jumping right into something. Students need to understand so that they don't get confused and this doesn't deter their learning.
Students using computers

No comments:

Post a Comment