Sunday, April 20, 2014

Blog Post #13

What are some educational sites or apps that you have found and think might be useful in your future classroom? How would you use them and why do you think they would be useful?

The first website I found is Fun Brain. Fun Brain is an interactive site for kids to play games while at the same time they are learning. I think this is important for kids. There are games for science, math, music, social studies, and the list goes on. Students can have fun while learning, too.
funbrain game site logo



Fun in Room 4B Blog LogoAnother useful site that I found is called Fun in Room 4B. I think this would be useful for teachers first starting out that need some ideas, or teachers that want to try something new. There are all kinds of fun things and good ideas found here.


Class DojoAn app that I have heard about, but not yet tried is Class Dojo. Class Dojo is an app use to help manage class behavior.It can be used on a computer, on the Smart board, or on an iPad. With this app, teachers can keep track of how their students behave by rewarding them points, or even taking them away. It can also be used to get the students involved. They can be in charge of their points by going up to the Smart board and adding their points or taking them away. This way the teacher doesn't have to do it and the kids can see their progress. Not only does it help students and teachers, but it can also be used to keep the parents informed of how their students are doing in the classroom. Teachers can collect data reports to show parents along with administrators, also.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alyx, these are some very interesting tools. I have heard of Class Dojo before, but not the other two. When I was observing a class this semester, the teacher used Class Dojo on the Smart Board and I thought it was a very cool app. It lets the students keep up with their progress; and from what I have seen, it promotes good behavior. I also found the blog "Fun in Room 4B" very interesting. I had to bookmark it because I will probably have to refer back to it for ideas once I get my classroom. Thank you for sharing these tools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this assignment we had to do for this blog because it really opened up my eyes and showed me all of the cool apps and tools out in the virtual world. I will definitely have to remember Class Dojo. Sounds like it will be very beneficial!!

    ReplyDelete