Thursday, April 24, 2014

C4T #4

For C4T #4, I was assigned to comment on Karl Fisch's blog, The Fisch Bowl.

Comment 1

TCAP TimeThe first blog post I commented on was titled "Inertia, Obedience, and Faith". This post was Fisch's response to giving the TCAP (Transitional Colorado Assessment Program), which he doesn't like. He doesn't feel that this will help students in any way. Instead mof taking time out of teaching to give the test, Mr. Fisch feels that students would benedfit more from more learning in the classroom from teachers and peers. I responded by agreeing with Mr. Fisch's post. I told him that state tests may seem helpful, but they also take time away from teachers that they could be using in the classroom.

Books piled up with an apple on topComment 2

The second blog post I commented on is titled "Burden of Proof: A Textbook Example". In this post, Fisch discusses the transition his school is making in the math department. Although it is moving more toward Common Core, Fisch does not necessarily agree with it. He feels that the School Board should ultimately seek advice from the teachers. I responded by agreeing that the chosen curricula aren't always the best. As a future teacher, it seems to me that the teachers would know what is best for the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment