Thursday, February 20, 2014

Blog Post #6

PLN ConnectionsFor our blog post this week, we explored PLNs, what they are, how we can use them, and so on. So, what is a PLN? PLN stands for Personal Learning Network. A PLN is basically a collection of the people you talk to, or the websites you may interact with on a daily basis. As a future teacher, PLNs are great for resources. An easy way to start a PLN may be to use a site such as Symbaloo. I chose to use Symbaloo as my PLN. I really like how it is set up and how you can create your own tiles. This way I can add what ever I may please to my Symbaloo based on the main websites I use for classes, recreation, and so on. The ones that I use mostly right now are Blogger, Google Drive, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and the list can go on. I think this is really neat because by using this, I don't have to type in a bunch of different websites. I can simply log into my Symbaloo and all of the websites that I access regularly are right in one place.

2 comments:

  1. After hearing what you have to say about using the site "symbaloo" it makes me really want to try it out! I agree with everything you have said about PNL or project based learning. It all makes sense, and I like how you are right to the point! Also I like the picture you used on your blog for this week, I chose the same one. You should go check mine out! Keep up the good work Alyx.

    ReplyDelete