Thursday, February 6, 2014

C4T #1

Blog Post and Comment #1

My assignment was to comment on the blog of David Truss, called "David Truss:: Pair-A-Dimes For Your Thoughts". The blog post was about the Inquiry Hub, which is a "full-time grade 9-12 program which brings students together in a technology-facilitated environment". This program allows students to learn through technology. In his post, Truss interviews current students about what their school is like. AS students, they liked being able to do their work in their own time, but also added that you still have to be disciplined enough to do it. You can't forget that it's there.


My response was:
Hello Mr. Truss, My name is Alyx Kellam and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in a class called EDM310. I think it is so neat that there is online learning for kids that like to on the computer. Everyone learns differently and in their own ways. I wish I had that option in high school. Do you know if they have any schooling like that in the United States? I am currently learning a lot more about using technology in my class. It is quite difficult right now, but will be beneficial in the long run. It is nice that the students are learning to be more responsible and disciplined in their school work by doing it over the internet. If you would like to visit my blog, you can find it at . I hope you have a great day!
Sincerely,
Alyx Kellam

Blog Post and Comment #2

The second blog post Mr. Truss wrote about was on balance. He wrote how it is so hard to find balance with so much overlap. He goes on to write about the things he is going to work on to find balance in his own life. He goes on to list some of the things he is going to work on such as eating, exercise, work, and how he is going to find the stability between everything. I commented back and said that as a college student it is definitely hard to find balance between getting assignments done and doing other things, but that I think getting organized and having a schedule would help. I think by having a schedule, you are able to stay on track better and not get behind.

Finding Balance

No comments:

Post a Comment